Total Pageviews


Sunday, December 30, 2012

good by 2012


Thank goodness 2012 is almost gone!  This year has been hard on us physically, mentally, and financially.  I have never been this excited for a new year to begin. 

Since May, I haven’t been able to walk very well and it seems to be getting worse.  I think a lot of that has to do with all the weight I have gained since I am so sedentary.  I am going to a new doctor.  He is a holistic healer.  That is something I can believe in.  He is treating me with supplements and homeopathic medications, plus he will use chiropractic and acupuncture as needed.  I need something to believe in, and modern medicine has not done it for me.  Phil seems to have gone downhill this year as well.  He has been wonderful taking care of the critters and filling in for me when I can’t do something.  I see his aches and pains ….. and as much as I want to do more, I just can’t. 

Mentally, a lot of things have gone on that make us sad.  There is nothing we can do about it, but both of us are sad.  Hopefully in 2013 the things we can’t control will take care of themselves.

Financially, the commission plan at work changed and I have not been able to meet my goals many times this year.  I make a good base salary, but our mortgage payment is so high, that I have to dip into savings most months to make the payment.  I try to figure out how to make more money.  I sell the soap I make.  We sell eggs to offset the cost of the chickens and honey to recover the cost of the hives.  I have even sold a few butchered rabbits.  In 2013 I will explore more things to make and sell such as lip balm, body lotions.

2012 has not been a complete bust.  We have started to raise rabbits for meat.  That has been a good and horrible experience.  It is good because those bunnies are so darn cute.  I love the babies.  I love cuddling them and watching them grow.  The horrible part is butchering them.  The first time our friend Doug came to help me.  I have a really hard time with the actual killing.  It is so hard to take the life of cute little animal, one you have seen every day of its life.  The chickens are difficult, the rabbits are down right HARD!  I am hoping I will find an easier way to do it …. I don’t want them to be in pain.

In October we got the news that Shelby is officially in remission.  She has been a poster child since her radiation therapy.  We are so blessed by her.  I hope I will live long enough to see what profession she decides to go into.  She is such a sweet a loving little girl.

My ramblings are over for today.  Tomorrow is the last day of the year.  I pray for a much better 2013. 

No comments:

Post a Comment