Total Pageviews


Thursday, August 8, 2019

It's been a long time

I have been absent for a very long time.  I'm not sure why I quit blogging, but I think it is time to start up again.   The last few months have been very eventful.  In May we had to put Molly to sleep.  She was no longer able to get up and walk any more.  It was a horrible day but I believe we did the right thing.  She looked up at me with her sad eyes and I believe she thanked me.  She had always had terrible smelly gas.  Her last "gift" to me was a smelly toot just before she died.  It made me laugh and cry at the same time. 

We made a huge decision around that time as well.   We kicked around all the numbers and decided that I would be able to quit working.  The difference on Social Security benefits now as opposed to 7 years from now is not that much different.  My last day at work was August 1.  I have been home a week so this is not really "real" to me yet.  So far it just feels like a vacation. 

Phil had another heart attack in July.  He had not been feeling well for a week or so prior, so this episode may have been happening for a while before he was hospitalized.  The doctors did another angioplasty and found the stints that were put in in December were starting to clog again.  They cleaned him out and put him on new medications.  He is still very tired and doesn't feel well.   We are praying he will start to feel better soon.

We are looking forward to our retired life.  We have never had the opportunity to travel or play very much.  It will be an adjustment learning to be together so much of the time, but I think it is a good thing.  The O'Learys are going to start having fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment