Total Pageviews


Wednesday, January 20, 2010

January stories

Oh my,  January in the midwest can be nasty!  We have had snow on the ground for WEEKS.  The driveway is a thick sheet of ice.  My bees are buried in a snowdrift and I haven't been to the barn since early December.  I have had bronchitus for over 2 weeks and  I am on my second round of antibiotics and other meds.  Phil finally had his surgery last Thursday.  Poor guy has been stuck at home for the last week and hasn't even been able to go outside because it is so cold and slick.  He will be at home for the rest of this week and have his follow up  appointment on Monday to see when he can go back to work.  This morning when I left for work the dirt road we live on was very slick and I ended up sliding sideways toward the highway and nose first into a snow drift.  Fortunantly it was ultra slow motion and nothing was hurt.
I am hoping we are about to start the "January thaw" this weekend.   The forcast says we are going to be in the 40's and get lots of rain.  I will be SO happy to be able to get to the compost bin, and dig the bees out of the snow! 
Phil has been working very hard to help me get through winter and found a calendar to count down to the first day of spring.  Thanks for working so hard sweetie.  I can't wait to get back outside and start planting again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment