Total Pageviews


Thursday, December 16, 2010

Aunt Dorothy

Aunt Dorothy had another heart attack. She has been diagnosed with congestive heart failure, just like dad. She was put into a rehab center for a few weeks. Delana and I went to visit her yesterday. I took ½ day off work and drove over to pick Delana up. When we walked into the building we were both amazed. It is beautiful. There is a grand piano in the lobby area. The dining area had small tables as if a nice restaurant set with pretty dishes, crystal drinking glasses and linen napkins. (I wanna live here) When we finally got to her room there were 2 names on the door. The roommates were separated by a wall and door. It was almost like private rooms.


Aunt Dorothy was in a better mood than I have seen her in such a long time. She was bright and chipper. If I hadn’t known she was very ill, I would never have known there was a problem.

After our visit (she was taken away for lunch) Delana and I went shopping. I have never been a shopper …… I just don’t like stores. We had a wonderful afternoon. The time flew by and we had to get her home before the kids got home. We even went to the Goodwill by her house to look for a salt shaker I have been trying to find! I could not have asked for a better afternoon.

I have another day off tomorrow. I have been talking about going to a couple of museums to see the Christmas displays. I think (hope) we will be able to go to at least one of them this weekend to check out their Christmas displays. We need to finish our Christmas shopping for the kids …. But we are almost finished.

I love and hate this time of year. I love it because it is fun and amazing. I hate it because we are encouraged to go crazy and spend too much money. I wish it would be fun and amazing as it was in the past. I wish all kids would believe in Santa and the magic of the season. I am 54 years old and I still believe in the magic of Santa. I still sit on Santa’s lap and ask him for the magic of the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment