Total Pageviews


Friday, March 26, 2010

Cirque du soleil

Oh My, what a wonderful night we had! This was our “date night”. Phil got tickets to Cirque du soleil for my birthday. I have heard so much about how wonderful the show is, but I really had no idea what to expect. Phil got us wonderful seats. We were way down in front ……… first row. The only thing between us and the actors were the people sitting on folding chairs on the floor. It was an amazing show The actors were brilliant. The music beyond belief. The show ………. AMAZING. There was a man on the trapeze who was brilliant. Tumblers lacing between one another while moving at amazing speeds. People balancing and jumping high into the air them coming down on small pieces of something the width of a 2X4 balanced on the shoulders of two men. A man making his body do amazing things while balancing himself on a small peg of wood on his hands. The most amazing thing was 2 young women very slim and small in stature who intertwined their bodies in ways I would never have thought possible. The were able to bend over backwards …. And then some. I had no idea that a human body could move that way. I found myself several time sitting with my mouth open in amazement because I could not believe what I was seeing. It was a wonderful evening. Thank you Phil for giving me such a wonderful present. I know I will never come up with something even close to this for your birthday.

1 comment: