Total Pageviews


Saturday, August 28, 2010

My frugal lifestyle

I think I am frugal.  My brother in law says I am a cheap skate!  I am proud to be able to stretch a dollar into $1.50!  I got a great deal I just have to share.  I stopped at Fairway because of an advertized good deal I wanted to take advantage of.  I always check out the discounted produce because I have gotten a few good deals there.  On this day I found a really good sized bag of plums for 99 cents.  They looked OK, and I decided even if I got only a few and needed to juice the rest it would still be a good deal. 
I got them home and took a look at them, they were perfect for eating.  I shared some with my boss, and Phil and I ate as many as we wanted.  Today I realized they were on the verge of going bad so I juiced them.  I was able to can 5 quarts of juice and use the pulp to make fruit leather.  I ended up with a very small bowl of  "waste".  Then Phil reminded me the chickens love fruit, so he will give it to them in the morning. 
I think I got a great deal for less than a dollar. 
Cheapskate or Frugal.?  It doesn't really matter.  I'm the one with juice to make jelly and a good batch of fruit leather.

No comments:

Post a Comment