Total Pageviews


Sunday, September 20, 2009

More soup

For the past 3 seasons (since we move out here) I have been concentrating on canning everything I get my hands on. Now that I have the basics covered, this year I am moving to soups. YUMMMM. I started out making a turkey soup with the leftover stock. Then a veggie soup with everything I picked that day. YUMMMM.
A couple of weeks ago I found chicken legs for 39 cents a pound. I combined everything from the garden that needed to be picked. Oh my goodness, what a wonderful soup.
Today I am making a beef/barley/veggie soup. I must admit this is one of my favorites. I canned one last week and it was so good I have to do it again. What a wonderful feeling it is to see the beautiful food I have preserved. It is so cool to realize i don't "have to" do this. We have the money to buy whatever food we need at the store. We do this because we want to. We have chosen to live out here, in the middle of no where. (I must admit, I didn't realize it was 20 - 30 minutes to a store until a week or so ago when I needed something I didn't plan on .........) We do have a wonderful life, but not everyone could handle it. We are blessed to be here. I know I could not have done this without Phil. He could not have done this without me. Today is our anniversary. Honestly it feels like we have been married for so much longer, so this date is arbitrary. I can't imagine a life without him ........... We are soul mates. I am only sorry that it took this long for us to get together.

No comments:

Post a Comment