Total Pageviews


Saturday, September 26, 2009

Off on a Saturday adventure

We are off to Brownville, NE today. Twice a year this little village hosts a flea market. There are vendors on each side of the main street, and some off on the side streets. If you have never been to Brownville this should be something on your "bucket list". It is a beautiful little village tucked into a valley beside the Missouri river. I don't know what the population is, except tiny. I discovered this fun get away about 10 - 12 years ago. Mom and I would go together, as well as another in Red Cloud KS. She loved the flea markets. Normally she didn't buy a lot, but she loved to talk to people we would meet along the way. It was so much fun to go with her, because she would bustle about talking to anyone who would listen. She loved to try food vendors .... often getting a plate of this or that, taking a few bites and declare herself full and throw away the rest. Sometimes she would come home with a wonderful treasure and could not wait to show it to her friends. She would always brag to them about spending the weekend with me, and how much fun she had.
I love going to the flea market with Phil and our friends Marsha and Randy, but I miss the times Mom and I would spend our weekends finding treasurers and building a wonderful memory bank for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment