Total Pageviews


Tuesday, December 8, 2009

winter time AGAIN?????

Oh my, it is cold outside. The snow is blowing. The animals water dishes are frozen solid. The sun is awake for only about 8 hours a day. My garden is frozen solid. The driveway is slick. Getting the mail is a hazard, if I go 2" more than I should I will end up sliding down into a ditch. We are in the middle of a blizzard warning. The airport put Phil into a hotel so he can get to work. He will probably have to work 16+ hours today then back to the hotel and do it all over again tomorrow.
We talked about my work and decided I would call in, I have tons of PTO to burn anyway. Why take a chance on driving in this weather and getting into an accident. It looks like we are going to have a couple of rotten days. The high temp today is 22 but tomorrow is 9. The midlands are beautiful in the summer, but in the winter I wonder why we continue to live here! ....................... OK, I remember, it is because it is so beautiful, and so bountiful. Well, in good weather it is beautiful.
I am thankful I don't have to take care of cows, pigs, chickens etc. today, but only because I am cold and lazy. I wonder how my parents did it ......... every single day. All of the animals were fed. The cows were milked. The chickens were cared for and eggs (if there were any) were gathered. I believe it was a day like today when dad was kicked by a cow and broke his leg. Mom had to walk MILES in weather like this to get help. We are so fortunate to live with such convince, and telephones. I should never complain.

No comments:

Post a Comment