Total Pageviews


Thursday, December 31, 2009

Rantings on the last day of the year

Every day at work I am exposed to a woman who is constantly in a “down” mode. She comes in the office and sighs (very loud) and tells everyone how sick she is, how much she hates her kids, and how unfair her life is. From an outsiders view her life doesn’t look so bad. She has 4 young children, lives in a brand new house (less than 1 year old), is married to her HS or college sweetie (they were together for 10 years before they got married), and they have enough disposable income she buys ridicules things for her kids. OK, my problem with this is ……… I hear her say (daily) I wish I would just die. WOW, is your life THAT bad you have to say something like that? Is your husband so bad you REALLY wish he would be taken by aliens? I will admit that sometimes we ALL feel down about our lives and think everyone else has it better, but not ALL the time. She complains about her kids and says she can’t wait to get away from them (Oh my goodness, why did you have them?????) Her sister came to visit over the holidays. For a week I have heard her say DAILY how stupid her sister is, and complain about her staying in her home. I would be so happy to have ANY of my sisters come stay with me. I would be so happy to have my little sister even accept the rest of us and let us again be a family. I think my co worker is on a destructive route ….. But who am I am to say that. I have 3 sisters, two are wonderful and love me NO exceptions. One who will not talk with the rest of the family. I grieve daily for my little sister and her family. I am sad my co worker lives such a sad life ….maybe someday she will understand the true meaning of life and enjoy what she has been given to her


On that note, a friend sent the following email about changes he is making for the new year. I want to share ………



Health:

1. Drink plenty of water.

2. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar.  (does is count that I eat my canned soup 90% of the time for lunch??)
3. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants..   (Yep, I am doimg that)

4. Live with the 3 E's -- Energy, Enthusiasm and Empathy

5. Make time to pray.

6. Play more games ( we bought some games for Christmas)

7. Read more books than you did in 2009 .

8. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day

9. Sleep for 7 hours. (I have been doing that in the winter time ……)

10. Take a 10-30 minute walk daily. And while you walk, smile.



Personality:

11. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about. (OK, so negate the blog)

12. Don't have negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.

13. Don't over do. Keep your limits.

14. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does. (I have to really work on this one)

15. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip.

16. Dream more while you are awake

17. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need..

18. Forget issues of the past. Don't remind your partner with His/her mistakes of the past. That will ruin your present happiness. (Phil tells me this all the time)

19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don't hate others.

20. Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.

21. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.

22. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.

23. Smile and laugh more.

24. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree... (But, I LIKE to win)



Society:

25. Call your family often.

26. Each day give something good to others.

27. Forgive everyone for everything..

28.. Spend time w/ people over the age of 70 & under the age of 6. (I love doing this, just need to find more time)

29. Try to make at least three people smile each day.

30. What other people think of you is none of your business.

31. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.



Life:

32. Do the right thing!

33. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful. (I have really been working on this in 2009)

34. GOD heals everything.

35. However good or bad a situation is, it will change...

36. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.

37. The best is yet to come..

38. When you awake alive in the morning, thank GOD for it.

39. Your Inner most is always happy. So, be happy.

OK. for 2010, I THINK I need to move more.  I need to be more in touch with God, and I need to let the past go more.     There are probably more things I need to work on but those are on the top. 
Happy New Year
I hope you are able to work on your "top list"

No comments:

Post a Comment